Four dancers and a musician performed outside the Cathedral on New Years Day to maintain the tradition, however, until this pandemic is beaten and we all get back to normality no further dance outs are planned. When things do get back to normal bookings will once again be placed here on the website.
The team wishes all its friends and supporters a Happy and safe 2021 and looks forward to the time when we can all meet up again.
2020 Programme of Main Events
(What we had planned to do before Covid)
- Jan – Wed 1st – 12pm / Traditional New Years Day Dance / Sheffield Cathedral Forecourt.
- May – Frid 29th – 5:30am / May Day Dawn Dance with Pecsætan / Pennines above Dungworth.
- May – Frid 1st to Sun 3rd / Todmorden Folk Festival / Performances all w/e.
- May – Frid 29th to Sun 3rd / Our ‘Thornbridge’ Derbyshire Dance Weekend / Hassop Stn, Bakewell, Monsal Trail, Monsal Head and Great Longstone.
- Jun – Tue 23rd – 7:14pm train / Folk Train Sheffield to Edale / Sing and dance on train and Rambler Inn.
- Jun – Sat 27th to Sun 28th / Braunston Canal Boat Festival / Performances all w/e with Mortimer’s Morris.
- Jul – Fri 10th to Sun 12th / Great Western Morris 50th Birthday Festival / Performances all w/e.
- Jul – Thu 23rd to Sun 26th / Warwick Folk Festival / Performances all w/e.
- Sep – Sat 5th to Sun 6th / York – Ebor Morris Dance Weekend / Performances all w/e.
- Sep 14th to Oct 5th – Mondays 7:45pm / Autumn Taster Session at Burton Street Foundation / Ladies & Gents it could be the thing for you.
- Nov – Sat 9th 1pm & 2pm / Salvation Army Christmas Fair / Psalter Lane, Sheffield.
- Dec – Sun 1st 12pm & 1pm / Crookes Farmers Market / Stannington View Rd, Sheffield.
- Dec – Mon 16th 6:30pm onwards / Guerrilla Morris Charity Fund Raiser / Sheffield Cathedral Forecourt and City Centre Pubs.
Watch our FaceBook page for other local events and updates.